Friday, February 22, 2013

The 2013 Self-Tanner Awards

I've had some major self-tanner mishaps over the years. From orange palms for weeks (yes, weeks) to splotches that looked like rare skin diseases, I've experienced it all.

And after a string of self-tanner woes, I've finally had what Oprah would call an "Aha! Moment": Most self-tanners are terrible. So terrible, in fact, that I'd rather be pale.

However, there are a few gems -- a select group of self-tanners that stand out among their awful competitors -- and they can be found in drugstores, Sephora, and department stores alike. When I'm desperate for color (i.e. the last Vegas bachelorette party I attended), I turn to one of these.

Skip ahead to see which self-tanners made the cut.

Since the self-tanning formula is so tricky to get right, I've decided the good self-tanners out there deserve an award. Which is why I'm handing out self-tanner superlatives. Some of these are new for 2013, while others are oldies but goodies. I hope you find the one that works for you so you never have to go out in public looking like Tony the Tiger. I already suffered for you.

See Next Page: Best scent: Brazilian True Tan , $40

Rate this story|Avg member rating:   0

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers. Five Filters recommends: Eyes Like Blank Discs - The Guardian's Steven Poole On George Orwell's Politics And The English Language.

No comments:

Post a Comment