Friday, March 1, 2013

Make Over Your Guy's Grooming Routine (on the Sly)

My husband Brandon's grooming products consists of a bar of soap. That's it.

Granted, it's a fancy bar of Fresh Sugar Soap -- because that's what I put in the shower -- but it's not doing much to get rid of his sun spots.

I sometimes fantasize that Brandon would help me test beauty products -- that he'd critique the latest eye cream or contemplate the nuances of a new body lotion scent. But that's probably taking it too far -- and I have plenty of girlfriends who'll happily test a $100 face cream for me.

But really, all I truly want is for Brandon to use sunscreen and wash his hair with shampoo. (Sorry, babe, soapsuds don't count -- even if they are by Fresh). Which is why I'm on a mission to revamp my husband's grooming routine.

Skip head to see how I finally got my husband to use grooming products.

I'm going into this with low expectations and realistic goals. I definitely don't expect him to adopt my seven-step evening skin care ritual. (Nor would I want him to -- if he starts using my favorite serums, we'll be in credit card debt as fast as you can say hyaluronic acid.) But there are so many new men's grooming products out there, and it's a shame for Brandon to not use at least use some of them.

Will I succeed at getting Brandon to change his bar-soap-only ways?

See Next Page: I've got to start somewhere

Rate this story|Avg member rating:   8

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers. Five Filters recommends: Eyes Like Blank Discs - The Guardian's Steven Poole On George Orwell's Politics And The English Language.


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

1 comment: